and the Avatars of Vishnu
with Allison Dennis
Want to better understand the meaning of the planets through the lens of mythology? Did you know that the Avatars of Vishnu line up with the Planets?
Join Allison for this storytelling event focusing on Vishnu, the Indian God of continuation and harmony, and how the nine Avatars of Vishnu relate to each of the nine grahas or planets. Stories will be primarily pulled from the epic purana, Srimad Bhagavatam.
"Graha" is a Sanskrit word that means "to grasp". A planet, in Sanskrit, is a graha, or a grasper.
The idea is that these grahas have a particular grasp on us, and through the stories or myths we can better understand ourselves, our environment, and carve out pathways of intention to help loosen the tight grip we might feel in one area of life or another.
Also, the stories are super fun!
Book a session with Allison ahead of time to get a frame of reference around your own birth chart. Go here to book an online session now. She is currently still offering donation-based Jyotish.
- Course details
- The Sun and Ram, the Moon and Krishna: Part 1 (55:29)
- The Sun and Ram, The Moon and Krishna: Part 2 (59:48)
- Ketu and Matsya, Rahu and Varaha, Saturn and Kurma, Mars and Narasimha (159:22)
- Jupiter and Vamana (40:20)
- Venus and Parashurama - Shukra stories (41:01)
- Mercury and Buddha (56:27)